Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 toyota venza I did an aftermarket mmstart uninstall and…

Customer Question
2011 toyota venza I...

2011 toyota venza I did an aftermarket mmstart uninstall and now when i open the door the hatch pops and car wont start with doors closed will start with driver door open

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No noise whaaat?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Like I said I pulled out an aftermarket comand start and tried to install another park light output from command start was possibly hooked up to red wire on back of bcm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The park light output would have sent a pulse to the red wire

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure all wiring is put back to the way it should be/factory and that there are no loose connections or damage to the wiring or connections causing this issue here.This is usually the main cause when wiring is not put back to factory or connected properly.If this is all o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Auto Service Technician