Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The malfunction warning light came on today, not sure what…

Customer Question
The malfunction warning light...

The malfunction warning light came on today, not sure what it means. I need to drive to airport tomorrow and not sure if it is ok to use.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No, it just happened. not sure how to get the code. and may not have time before tomorrow morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Toyota?

1999 SR5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet, I could do some easy things but nothing too complicated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems to be running fine, I haven't noticed anything unusual. The light came on the last few minutes of my drive home tonight.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing well. I would be happy to help you with this.

Do you have an Autozone nearby? If so, they can scan the codes for you for free, that will help me figure out what is going on with it

but can't get there tonight. What are the general range of problems the light might indicate. I'm driving to airport tomorrow morning. Trying to decide if it will make it.

If there was no change in the driveability of the vehicle then the chances are it is something simple/non-detrimental. If it was something to worry about I think you would have noticed a change in operations

Ok thanks

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions :)