Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Aux battery drains rapidly when car not running. Worked

Customer Question
Aux battery drains rapidly...

Aux battery drains rapidly when car not running. Worked around by jumping charged battery in trunk and disconnected when stopped. Trunk battery recently failed and replacement did not enable car to start instead resulting in continuous tone when battery connected.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I will do so in an hour or so. The car is not at my location currently.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have not attempted to diagnose the reason for the drain since I had a work around available.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has over 200k miles and has been trouble free except for the current problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/21/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What model vehicle, is this a hybrid?