Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My window was left down in a Toyota Avalon 1996 now car

Customer Question
Hi my window was...

Hi my window was left down in a Toyota Avalon 1996 now car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I cleaned them and got a jump I. Was thinking it's electronic ignition could it have shorted

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just jumping it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And cleaning battery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Did it rain when the window was down?

I
The battery is dead again to start it I don't have a battery charger I have to go buy one

How old is the battery ? After you install the new battery get back to me and we can continue from there. I can supply wiring diagrams to proceed with if needed.