Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

From Australia,I have 2003 100 series sahara v8,The VSC abd…

Customer Question
Hi greetings from Australia,I...

Hi greetings from Australia,I have 2003 100 series sahara v8,The VSC abd Vsc off and engine simbol wont g off

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has the car been handling lately?

265k seems to be vibrating slightly once i hit 80k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Toyota?

Landcruiser Sahara 100 series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No,has been on and off for over a week now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Leaking thru the top pillars when it rains into the cabin,water dripping down from under the glove box

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The VSC lights indicate a fault has been detected with one of the vehicle stability components.This can be a faulty wheel speed sensor, suspension sensor, relay or solenoid, wiring at fault or even the VSC control unit itself.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

This has to be done as there are several components or causes for this issue that will cause the issue you are seeing.It is very possible the water leaking through the pillars has leaked into an electrical connection or electrical component needing replaced.But the codes do have to be checked to help locate and repair this fault.

The leak can be from the front glass not being sealed needing re sealed as this was common or if your model has a sun roof the leak can come from restricted or disconnected sun roof drained needing reconnected or cleared out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete