Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cold weather killed my battery. AAA replaced it and now the…

Customer Question
Hello. Cold weather killed...

Hello. Cold weather killed my battery. AAA replaced it and now the alarm won't allow car to start. 94 camry le. I've been running in valey mode, lost remote. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No. New.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the online suggestions. Last time I flipped the switch, turned the ignition on-off and it started, I think. I' ve driven myself crazt flipoping the swirch and trying things. Help!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
Hello. Any suggestions?
12/19/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

It sounds like you have an on-off switch for the alarm, be sure it's in the off position, You can also try this:

Remove the key from the ignition

Remove the negative battery cable

enter the car insert the key and turn the ignition switch to on

leave the door open and re connect the battery,

If the alarm stays off it should start.