Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

HELP I PUT BATTERY IN WIFES VENZA NOW NAVIGATION AND RADIO…

Customer Question
HELLO HELP I PUT...

HELLO HELP I PUT BATTERY IN WIFES VENZA NOW NAVIGATION AND RADIO DONT WORK SAYS INSERT MAP DVD ,SO OPENED AND REMOVED MAP DVD REINSTALLED ,DISCONNECTED BATTERY JUMPED TOGETHER 10 MINUTES REHOOKED UP STILL SAME ,I NOTICED WHEN CAR STARTED IT STALLS FIRST START THEN STARTS AND STAYS RUNNING BUT NAVAGATION SAYS SAME INSERT DVD MAP HELP ITS CHRISTMAS SEASON

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

RADIO FUSE GOOD

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Venza?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

PUT NEW BATTERY NOW NAVIGATOR SYSTEM SAYS INSERT DVD MAP ,DID THAT TRIED REMOVE CABLES JUMPER TOGETHER FIE 10 MINUTES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

RADIO WONT COME ON,AND NOW WHEN YOU START VEHICLE FORST START STALLS IMMEDIATE THEN RESTARTS AND STAYS RUNNING

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, the first step is to see if there are any diagnostic trouble codes(dtc)s. I have attached the procedure for this using your navi system. Let me know the results and any trouble codes