Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota 4Runner 2008, I go to start in the morning to take my…

Customer Question
Toyota 4Runner 2008, I go...
Toyota 4Runner 2008, I go to start in the morning to take my kid to school starts fine. It sits for about 5 hours, I go to work it hesitates to start for about 3 to 4 seconds.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/19/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

go to loacl parts store like advance or auto zone and scan it for faults using there scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

has it been tuned up, plug ,coils fuel filter ?

what is the mileage on it now ?

lets start here

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

we go from there

It be scran a lot no codes. They no in line fuel filter on it.

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?