Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I am having a similar issue with my 2008 toyota sienna. All…

Customer Question
Hi: I am...

Hi: I am having a similar issue with my 2008 toyota sienna. All of sudden, the slip indicator light came on with an audible alarm while I was driving 60 km/h on a dry highway. The vehicle engaged antilock brakes and came to an abrupt stop. I was nearly rear-ended by cars following. I tried driving again, and it happened again about every 50-100 ft. I contacted my toyota dealership and they said they have never heard of this problem before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No, but the vehicle is at the dealership right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, in fact, Toyota Canada is involved and directing the dealership on how to proceed. The problem is that no one has ever heard of this problem before - but looking at the internet, there are many people having a similar situation.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do you have any ideas about this? Something I can relay to my mechanic? I am scared to drive my vehicle ever again. And I am also scared that this may not be repaired?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/18/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So I read online where people are also having similar experiences but no resolution or positive fix, I havent personally seen this but if toyota canada is involved there ill be a engineer sent down from corporate that is a super genius and they will figure it out, I wouldnt worry to much about it, these things are usually electrically related like a ground problem or weird voltage issue

ok> I am not as confident as you are because not my dealership nor Toyota Canada has heard of this problem. I have even read that this problem has not been resolved for some people. Hence my worries.

good thing is the corporate is involved and if the repair isnt to your liking you should be able to negotiate a buy back from them

and another good bit if info, is these questions stay open for weeks so anything you need or questions you have ill be here to answer them for you, this sounds like it may be one of those extended questions, and it dosent cost any extra

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician