Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My remote start will start my vehicle but then it

Customer Question
My remote start will...

My remote start will start my vehicle but then it immediately dies...

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011 Toyota tundra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to yes, I have tried disconnecting battery to reset computer. Tried re pairing the remote. Made sure MTS is off, checked for parking light flash fault codes but receive none...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/17/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

is this remote starter OME factory OR AFTERMARKET?

i NEED TIME TO LOOK UP OUR SHOP WIRING DIAGRAM AND WILL BE BACK ONLINE TOMORROW TO PROCEED HELPING YOU . i CAN ALSO FORWARD YOU THIS WIRING SO WE CAN LOCATE THE CAUSE TOGETHER. Is this satisfactory with you?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician