Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check engine light and AWD light came on. The skid control…

Customer Question
Check engine light and...

Check engine light and AWD light came on. The skid control light is on, but that has come on in the past after putting my snow tires on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The check engine and awd lights stay on; the skid control light usually comes and goes, but it is on steady today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2012 Venza 6cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself. Just turned on and off to see if that did something. it didn't

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has 174,000km

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
I live in Canada, the temp is around -8 celsius, or just below 32 degrees F. We had a long drive in stop and go traffic yesterday evening, but the drive home was steady highway speeds. Car was parked in the garage and when I went out today, I saw the lights
12/16/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 8 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You need to get the car scanned for diagnostic trouble codes. This could be something as small as a loose gas cap. Have you just bought fuel before the lights came on?

Not immediately before, no.

Perhaps 2 days before? Please go and see if the cap is as tight as it can be. Thanks