Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just bought 2017 certified Camry with low mileage and

Greetings...just bought 2017 certified...

Greetings...just bought 2017 certified Camry with low mileage and noticing an occasional popping noise from the rear when braking. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just bought the vehicle a few days ago and the popping noise began on day3 and increasing....not doing it every time but more than it was

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have just been looking at the tires to see if there is anything in the tread. I have not looked thoroughly under the vehicle yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you..

12/15/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Does the noise only happen when the brakes are applied? Do you know if you have rear disc or drum brakes?

It seems to happen mostly during braking but could have had a rare occurrence while driving. I believe they are disc brakes. 2017 Camry XSE V6
The dealership may have put in new rear brake pads and did not put on or resurface rotors. You should take it back to them to replace the rotors.
Jay, thank you kindly. I am going back on Tuesday morning for other purposes and I will add this request to it. Apppreciate it
If they used aftermarket pads they may not fit correct in the caliper bracket also.
Ok sir ...that is great info
Either way they should be able to fix it for you. Thank you in advance for the 5 star rating for my help.
Jaybird61