Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check engine, TSC light flashing, Had checked @ autozone,

Customer Question
Check engine, TSC light...

Check engine, TSC light flashing, Had checked @ autozone, Code P2440 Secondary Air injection System Switching valve stuck open bank 1.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinks, I disconnected battery & it will reset, after about ten minutes comes back on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2007 Tundra 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Negative truck is in excellent running condition, until this happens. only 88,000 miles

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Are you in the USA? Do you have the VIN available?

USA, no I'm offshore at work

Standby let check a few things?

Definition of the code the 2440. There is a valve set or switching valve set that controls the airflow to the exhaust manifold from the air pump. Moisture gets into this valve set and causes them to stick on or off depending on how bad they are. This code sets because the pressure difference is not recognized by the computer and the sensors on the valves. Toyota has offered some goodwill assistance and depending on your vehicle identification number reimbuursement or payment towards this repair. There is a technical service bulletin that addresses this issue you can Google search that number T-SB-0160-11 online and read more about it. You will need to replace the valve set and there is a modified air intake to the air pumps and a new air pump itself. It's a quite expensive repair. I would contact your local Toyota dealer and have them check the vehicle identification number see if you can get any assistance or if you'd like to post the number here I can see if it qualifies for the extended warranty procedure. Please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you today at three or higher if you need any additional information feel free to reply and I will get back to you.