Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Im having a problem with a toyota avalon 2006 with the fans.

Customer Question
Hi Im having a...

Hi Im having a problem with a toyota avalon 2006 with the fans

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car came with a problem that both fans dont activate. I change the ecu fan module and still keeps with the problem. I check the 3 wires in the ecu fan module. Black has the correct voltage, black and white ground and the light green one has the signal

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Lights?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That be all, i saw the wiring diagram of this circuit and have made different types of tests

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that you've replaced the fan controller and believe it's power, ground and signal are ok. If that's the case and the controller was replaced with a good part then there either has to be a wiring issue between the controller and fan motors, the motors are missing ground due to a wiring issue, or the fan motors have failed. What needs to be done is test for power and ground at the motors at the time the fan should be running. If ok then the motors have failed and will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I have tried that already. If you try direct power to the fans they work. We think we're missing a signal. Cause the value of the light green cable doesn't change (multimeter) when I turn on both fans with the scanner.

Have you load tested the fan motor grounds?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician