Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2013 seinna and the immobilizer some how was

Customer Question
Have a 2013 seinna...

Have a 2013 seinna and the immobilizer some how was activatiated and can not start the van

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery look good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Toyota?

Seinna XLE with a smart key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing right now first time experience this issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that it , it started fine a few hours ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue ,Master Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .If that does not work you will need to have it scanned and retrieve fault codes and based on that we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurateYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat