Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My driver's seat is stuck all the way forward and I was

Customer Question
My driver's seat is...

My driver's seat is stuck all the way forward and I was looking for a way to manually reset the motor. 1996 Toyota Avalon xls

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic transmission and 199700. I need to move my driver's seat back and it got stuck all the way forward

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Exposed the electric switch to move the seat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/12/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do you have a test light or multi-meter to check for voltage at the seat switch?

i do, although i have never used one before. I saw my husband years ago use one.

Ok I can send you a video on how to use them and walk you through it tomorrow as it is getting late. Is that alright with you?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.