Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1998 Toyota Camry will only shift into drive or park. No…

1998 Toyota Camry will...

1998 Toyota Camry will only shift into drive or park. No reverse or neutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking of transmission fluid. Car is actually drivable, but only forward.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have no mechanical skills. Just trying to find out if it is a linkage or transmission issue and where best to take it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's it unless mechanic has a question or two.

12/11/2017
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

Does it pull forward in revers and neutral?

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Phone call session started

Let me know if you need anything more.

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech