Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Check engine light and vsc. On came on yesterday after

Customer Question
Check engine light and...

Check engine light and vsc

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

On came on yesterday after driving through snowy, salted roads for several hours day before last time this happened, was at the ocean at night with engine running, and lots of sea spray coming on to car and possibly being taken in. so wondering if in any way related to snowy salted mix on highways? anyway will have check engine light checked for diagnostic codes, but folks at autozone won't be able to read VSC, have to have that done at mechanic but must wait until thursday. have tried tightening gas cap, as i understand a loose cap can throw things off, wondering what else I might try

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2004 xle sienna

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Gas cap only, will go have the check engine light codes read and see if it might be O2 sensor or something else I can get taken care of today by myself and friend mechanic but for the vsc light not really sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hmm, not sure, any other info i can provide?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/11/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Dis both the lights come on at the same time?

Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello just wondering if your still needing assistance?

Toyota Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Different expert here, do you still need help?

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Did you get any codes yet so we can help you/

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician