Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How to replace blower motor switch on my '87 pickup 2WD. Is…

Customer Question
How to replace blower...

How to replace blower motor switch on my '87 pickup 2WD. Is there a dash light for the heater controls.Mine seems to be out as well thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your MINI MiniE. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

What is a MINI Mine?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/11/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 2 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

There is a small bulb behind the plastic piece in front it just pries off the bulb can be turned and pulled out after removing the clear diffuser part. To replace the blower switch remove the phillips screws that are visible and pull the whole assembly out, the main problem is that the control cables are attached under the dash, there are three, two go to the left side under the dash connected to the duct housing and one goes to the right, you'll have to remove the glove box to get access to it.then pull the panel out with the cables attached.

Here is a diagram that should give you some idea of what's involved, this one has four cables the one going back is for a rear heater if it has one.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician