Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My fj won’t start and the alarm keeps going offf. 2014 FJ…

Customer Question
My fj won’t start...

My fj won’t start and the alarm keeps going offf

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2014 FJ cruser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve tried both registered keys

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m thinking it has to do with the anti theft

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/10/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you , I will try to help,you with this issue , we can try a master reset in case was a glitch ,if that doesn’t kit work it will be need scaned with a capable Toyota scaner that can read antitheft module fault codes and based on them we can pull up a pin point trouble shoot and be accurate ,if you do post the, back here form me and I can help further
Before reset make sure battery has 12 volts and open and close all doors, hood a read for in case a switch is stuck open, you tried both key gobs make sure battery good in them then resetMaster Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat