Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Heating is only working on passenger side. 2006 sinna.

Customer Question
Heating is only working...

Heating is only working on passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006 sinna

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing , but i just changed my starter but i had this problem before too

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/10/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ron Z., - Toyota Tech - replied 4 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Does your vehicle have the Auto Temp system?

i set on hi it still only comes cold air on driver side and passenger has hot air

Ok, Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

When the air temp output is only correct on one side of the system, this is more commonly due to a faulty Air Temp Actuator. This is a small servo motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing. The driver's side actuator is located behind the center/driver's side of the dash. It is access from below the driver's side dash working upwards on and angle to the center of the dash (just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal). You'll need to remove the lower driver's side panel and center panel. Once inside, inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If no problems are found, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. Temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. It will need to be removed from the vehicle and repaired/replaced as needed. But, like I say, more commonly, just the actuator here. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

i will check hope this is the problem if not i will get back to later or tomorrow

Sounds good! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great day!

why did i get charged twice $5.00 and $15.00 it should be only $5.00 ?

Unfortunately, I have no control over billing what so ever. I am a site user, just like you. The website connects question-asking customers with question-answering customers and they handle everything in between. If you have a billing question, you will need to contact customer service. There should be a link at the bottom of the page. They're very friendly over there. They'll take good care of you. Please keep in mind, if you do not leave a rating using the stars, I am not compensated for my time or information and the website keeps all the funds.

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -