Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I went to start the car this morning and it would not start.

Customer Question
I went to start...

I went to start the car this morning and it would not start. a bunch of the lights came on and starting flashing on and off. then the check vcs system warning came on. Im trying to figure out why the car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Almost all the warning lights on the dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008 toyota camry hybrid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to avoid taking it to the dealer. i have not done anything we just used our other car as i had to go to work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/8/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have any other smart keys to try and use in the vehicle to see if it will ready on? When you push the brake pedal does the start button light illuminate green or does it remain orange? If you put the smart key directly on top of the start button and firmly push the brake pedal and try and get it to ready on, will it? Do you have a generic code reader to see if there any codes set in the engine computer?

i do have a 2nd key.i did not notice what color the start button was. I have a generic code reader. i cant check it now because I am at work, i can check it tonight when i get home

Ok just post back to this posting with the code numbers and results and I will get back to you. Also make sure the brake light comes on with the pedal pushed.

will i have to pay again?

You have not paid for anything yet you simply made a deposit and until were finished and you rate the information I provided to you will you be deducted out of your account. Do not open another question just simply reply to this listing is you have been.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician