Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Sequoia and an iPhone 6. How can I play music…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Sequoia and an iPhone 6. How can I play music from my phone through the Sequoia's radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It is the original stereo on the Sequoia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Previously I played music from my iPod using some cable that plugged in the aux port on the car then I would select aux on the Sequoia stereo.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
I can use the phone via Bluetooth in the Sequoia but am not able to play music via Bluetooth. Is there a cable I need to plug the phone to the aux port; if so what cable connector
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
trung do

hi this is turng welcome I will go over you question and help you with your issue

What is the solution
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
Well first we need to verify if your audio head unit had audio feature for music
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
Does it had aux port?
I previously mentioned there is an aux port which I used before with my iPod
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
Your radio screen does it had all button or for it had a screen
It has a screen
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
Does you had access to your vin I can pull up ur vehicle feature and let you know
5TDZY6A38SO14371
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
That 16 number it 17nunber total
5TDZY68A38S014371
Did you receive the correct VIN
Is there an answer to my question
Toyota Mechanic: trung do,
 replied 7 months ago
Sorry for the late reply. Your vehicle doesn't have Bluetooth music play . It only they aux port. The Bluetooth option is only for phone use.
What type of cable do I need to play the iPhone 6 through the auxiliary port
I have asked twice what cable do I need to use the aux port with my iPhone 6 to play the music on my phone