Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got a check engine light, and I got it scanned. Got 3

Customer Question
I got a check...

I got a check engine light, and I got it scanned. Got 3 error codes, C02210, C1223, C1247

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

These are chassis codes do you have the P codes from the engine computer? IS it the check engine light or other lights that are on like the ABS or VSC? What model and engine do you have?

These are the only codes the tech gave me. The only light on is the Check Engine light. It's a 2006 Toyota Sequoia
Is that all I get for my $5.00, is an upsell???

c02210 is not a valid code number your primary code failures at this point are 1247 and 1223 the 1247 code means the pedal stroke sensor or Delta S sensor is faulty. This has to do with the ABS and vehicle skid control systems. 2003 through 2005 had a technical service bulletin where the logic in the computer was changed to correct this problem in the ABS/vehicle skid control computer would need to be replaced because you have a 2006 depending on your production date this might be part of your problem or the sensor itself is simply failed. The 1223 code simply means that the ABS computer detected a malfunction the vehicle skid control computer the other code is not a valid code number it's possible these codes could've caused the check engine light to come on indicating a problem in the vehicle skid control system because it needs data from that computer for the engine control computer to function normally under a vehicle skid control situation. If you have any other questions or you can get any other engine code numbers feel free to reply and I will get back to you. I'm not sure what you last reply was about five dollars it's probably something to do with the phone consultation just disregard that at this point.

Was this a recall issued by Toyota?

No it was not a recall it was a technical service bulletin it's just basically a informational bulletin sent out to service repair technicians letting them know if they ran across this particular code that it may be a logic issue in the computer and how to proceed.

Can't the computer just be reset? Or reprogrammed with the updated information?
No on these older ones you cannot reprogram them it has to be replaced. You can erase the codes by removing the negative battery cable or using a scan tool to clear the codes but you cannot change the logic in the programming of the computer itself. If the technician has run the diagnostic test on the Delta sensor and it passes that the problem is more than likely in the computer that's the next step on the flowchart if the sensor itself is failed then you can simply just replace the sensor like I said 2006 isn't technically involved in the service bulletin it was 2003 through 2005.