Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2008 prius will not go into drive, the dealer says I need…

Customer Question
My 2008 prius will...

My 2008 prius will not go into drive, the dealer says I need a new transponder key ecu for $2000 UGH!. can I buy a key and fix myself?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I brought it to local mechanic and he had it towed to Toyota dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealer replaced my 1 week new AAA battery with a $450 Toyota battery because he said " new AAA battery is not holding charge"

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/5/2017
Toyota Mechanic: JustAnswer, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Toyota Mechanic: ,  replied 8 months ago
Phone call session started