Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check engine light came on with ref exclamation triangle and…

Customer Question
Check engine light came...

Check engine light came on with ref exclamation triangle and "Check hybrid system" light

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

On

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Prius 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened 10-15 min ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just 10 min before that light came on bunch of rocks fell off the truck on a front of the car, some even damaged the front windshield.. I'm not sure if it's related or not...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/5/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you , I will try to help you with this issue

the rocks could have ripped the hv harness and now not charging ?

in your inside cab display ,what is the hv battery charge level showing ?

the red triangle is hv problem related

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

All it is telling me is to check hybrid system

at this time , You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

now the issue started with the rocking hitting , first thing you want to do is raise it on lift and Visual look, there check hybrid system could hv battery, hv ecu, hv charging sensors etc to many to guess at at it , now the car is 2010 and now we 2018 almost that is 8 years and is about time hv battery needs replacement ,but i can not tell you if related in this case hope you understand since i will be guessing if i did ,with rock falling and could have caused damage

is vehicle still running any battery light warning , traction control ,or just exclamation and check hybrid system ?

No other lights.

runs good still,

Still runs good. I wonder if it could be all fluids are pretty low to empty

i doubt the fluids will cause the hv system malfunction ,but check fluids regardleds

hv system us separate from engine fluids in this car ,it is an assist to engine u can say

Have it scanned and lets be sure ,

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat