Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My right front low beam is not working. 2010 Tacoma trd. I…

Customer Question
My right front low...

My right front low beam is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2010 Tacoma trd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the feed to the headlight and there is no power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I installed Spyder led headlights.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/5/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok next check for power at the headlamp fuse with your meter, key on lights on

I have power to 2 posts.

Ok thats the last stop before the headlamps, so you say your not getting power at the headlamp connector?

I have power on 2 posts. I will call tomorrow. It is 12 degrees out now and is not conducive for diagnosing the problem. I am not getting power to the headlight connector.

so there is a break in the wire somewhere or at the fuse panel connector there is a problem

I will call tomorrow. It is 12 degrees outside and is not conducive to diagnosing the problem.

sounds good

hows it coming

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician