Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

ARE THERE REAR DRAIN HOLES ON A 2004 rav4 SUNROOF AND IF SO…

Customer Question
ARE THERE REAR DRAIN...

ARE THERE REAR DRAIN HOLES ON A 2004 rav4 SUNROOF AND IF SO HOW DO I ACCESS THEM?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I opened the sunroof on level ground and poured a cup of water on the runoff channel and the water ran out under the car behind the front tire. When I parked the car with the front facing up hill, the water (1 pint) ran into the inside of the care near the rear fenderwell.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

I don't believe that the tires would make my sunroof leak.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

As long as we are still talking about the rear drain holes on a 2004 RAV4 sunroof, there is nothing else to add.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

So do you have a problem with the rear drains leaking inside the vehicle?

It appears so, if there are any rear drains. When parked on the level, water runs out on the ground from the front drains but when parked with the front up hill the water runs into the inside of the car below the C piller and over the rear fenderwell, inside.
The water was poured into the run off channel that the front drains are connected to. I did not know if you were given that information from the first post prior to connecting to you.
never mind, I fixed it myself.
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician