Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2016 Tacoma won’t start because of the alarm. The battery…

Customer Question
My 2016 Tacoma won’t...

My 2016 Tacoma won’t start because of the alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes the battery and fuses are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m sure it’s the alarm I disconnected the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this due to the OEM alarm or an aftermarket one?

What caused this?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris