Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Not starting. Just installed new fuel pump but that did not…

Customer Question
Not starting. Just...

Not starting. Just installed new fuel pump but that did not solve the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original as far as we know. 2001 Land Cruiser, 190K miles, have owned since 2013 with 25000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Land Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing ourselves. Just stopped out of the blue. Turned off ignition, then went to turn back on 5 minutes later and no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let me know what kind of service this is. You just popped up. What is the cost and agreement for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Toyota Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Let me consult husband

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Is your engine gas or diesel? are you sure it is fuel or spark related?

We got it fixed ourselves since it took you so long to respond.

sorry just got your request. glad to hear your ok though, have a great day.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician