Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I can't turn it on. It looks like it's a power thing. I have…

Customer Question
I can't turn it...

I can't turn it on. It looks like it's a power thing. I have power. But it won't turn over. It also looks like someone got in overnight. I'm wondering of some sort of alarm was triggered.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

I have not checked that yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 Highlander.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it myself. I just went out and couldn't go anywhere. It would not turn on. I was hoping it was just a switch or something if the alarm went off somehow. There are things out of place and a car door that wasn't shut all the way that I noticed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know. I don't even know what I'm on. LOL I opened this website up and you came up asking the question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If there is no power at all, you need to check the voltage at the battery with a voltmeter if you have one. If 9v or less, replace the battery, it above 9v but below 11.5v, have it charged. If over 11.5v, let me know and will go from there as it is another issue

The battery was low and probably going bad. I had it tested and bought a new battery. I don't get this just answer thing. I got an answer more than 8 hours later. And when I clicked the thing it said $5. But I just found out that another $15 will be charged to my card. What else will be charged to my card?