Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

A few days ago the power windows, turn signals and blower…

Customer Question
A few days ago...

A few days ago the power windows, turn signals and blower for the AC stopped working. Could this be a fuse issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

I think they are all good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2002 Highlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses. Thats all. But I dont know what fuse operates the blower for the AC.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

the windows and turn signals may be related but the blower motor is separate, was some work done to the car for this to happen ?

I had a new AC system put in a few months back. But the windows and turn signals issue just happened at the same time.
Is there a specific fuse for windows and signals. Is it the same fuse?

with all of these problems I would suggest to check all of the fuses with a test light or multi meter, just visually checking you can miss a blown fuse and also dosent determine if you have power on the circuit, but I can get the individual fuses for you if you like

I have a tester so I will do that. Can you tell me the exact fuse locations for windows and signals?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iepf1slpf3mw3vu/fuse.docx?dl=0

the first one is for the windows. all the ones you need to check and beside it tells you the location I have that underlined, as far as the signals are concerned it is ign 1 fuse in drivers panel and hazard fuse in underhood location

OK. I will check those. Thank you.

sure thing let me know how it goes, we will get this thing fixed up in a hurry

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!