Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trunk won't latch closed. 2002. And i have tried pulling it…

Customer Question
Trunk won't latch closed ...

Trunk won't latch closed

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and i have tried pulling it to the open position and then trying to close it and latch it, jam it back in to position and move all the debris away from the latch

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What model vehicle?

When you close the trunk does it sound like metal hitting metal and stop about 1/2 inch shy?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician