Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Something seems to be draining battery. Charged it all night…

Customer Question
Something seems to be...

Something seems to be draining battery. Charged it all night started up but dead this evening. Took to Les Schwab and had battery tested. It is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No lights. Battery was fully charged this am

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 Toyota Matrix s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure, hoping it isn’t a big issue as we just bought it used

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

For our son

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello and thanks for visiting this site

when you turn the key to on do the dash lights all turn on?

Was it recently jump started?

This evening nothing came but then my husband wiggle battery cable and everything came on....
No thanks. I guess he thinks he's got it figured out

Ok, thanks for the reply, it seems that the only thing wrong is that the battery cables are not making good contact with the battery posts, be sure they are clean and tight and there is no corrosion there.