Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Even though I hear the reverse signal, cart won't move.

Customer Question
Even though I hear...

Even though I hear the reverse signal, cart won't move. Won't move forward either. Brand new batteries. Been working fine until today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I have not. But as I said, replaced all batteries on Halloween day and has worked flawlessly until today. I did scare out two mice who were nesting under the seat. I have not inspected any damage they may have caused. But the circuit must be complete or the reverse signal would not sound, correct?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Club Car. IDK the rest. I bought it used. Where can I find the other info?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your electric?

I'm not sure. Is there a place to find it on the cart?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. Instead of having the seller come pick it up for a diagnostic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know. This is my first time using this chat/ having a problem.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/29/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would inspect for any damaged or shorted wiring needing repaired that may be causing this issue here especially where the mice were located.If this is found to be o.k. this may be an issue with a component like an accelerator pedal sensor needing replaced.You would have to have this tested further to then locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete