Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2013 Highlander ( 30000 miles ) had a dead battery after…

Customer Question
My 2013 Highlander (...

My 2013 Highlander ( 30000 miles ) had a dead battery after sitting idle for 2 weeks . Installed a new battery . A week or two later after letting it stand for 2 days it was dead again . the same thing kept happening .The auto parts store replaced it . It is now dead after sitting for 2 days .

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I charged it and it took the charge .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to Metro Toyota for the 1st Replacement . They said every thing was O K

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In the three plus years I have had the Highlander never had a problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

if your battery is dyeing in 2 days, then your system has a draw.

you will need a multi meter with a amp clamp attachment to determine the size of the draw

once you determine the size of the draw you will start removing fuses one at a time untill the draw drops to zero.

that fuse is where your system draw will be

cam