Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It bogs down when driving slow speeds spudders and pops when…

Customer Question
It bogs down when...

It bogs down when driving slow speeds spudders and pops when accelerating

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

For a few days.... I got code PO302 and I have replaced all 4 Fuel Injectors, all 4 Spark Plugs and the coil pack on the #2 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2002 Echo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Echo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I got code PO302 and I have replaced all 4 Fuel Injectors, all 4 Spark Plugs and the coil pack on the #2 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats about it.... The issue has gotten better since i have replaced some of the parts but still misfiring and not running well

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/27/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

So it sounds like we may have an issue in the valve train. If you have replaced the injector/plug/coil then our leftover possibilities could be a sticking/bad valve, an intake leak or a compression issue. Do you have a compression tester that can be used to check it?