Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was idling for a good amount of time and my car turned…

Customer Question
Hello, I was idling...

Hello, I was idling for a good amount of time and my car turned off. Now my steering wheel is locked and car won’t start. All lights come on, can lock the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

I am not sure how to do any of that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2014 camry

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried to fix anything at all, but want to look at it before I call anyone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I turn the key it does a rapid clicking noise

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/27/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 4 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello and thanks for posting

The rapid clicking noise can be due to a low battery or loose battery connections, check to be sure the battery terminals are tight try to jump start or if you have roadside service or auto club they can come and jump start it for you, the battery may need to be replaced or the alternator is not charging the battery so once it is running you should have the charging system tested, most of the national autoparts stores like Autozone do this at no charge. Let me know if you have any questions about my reply.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech