Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Prius - no lights - no power - haven't driven it about…

Customer Question
2007 Prius - no...

2007 Prius - no lights - no power - haven't driven it about 2 months.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No electrical power at all. no lights nothing I tried to jump it but the charger indicates that the battery is "0" like its not even connected

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to connect a charger to it used the under the dash procedure and got nothing - opened the rear hatch and accessed the actual 12v battery and nothing there either

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried inserting the key and got nothging

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

can you remove the 12 volt battery out and charge it or replace it

one of those things will correct this issue

the odds are it is just a dead battery causing this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

okay-
did you review the info I sent?

yes if it has no power at all the battery is dead

replacing it will fix this issue

I don't know how to get it out - isn't there a way to charge it without taking it out completely?

if you can get a charger right to the battery terminals then you can charge it that way with a battery charger

if it will not charge you need to replace the battery

are there any other issues that may cause this?

not to cause it being completely dead no just a dead or bad battery

Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician