Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2001 4Runner SR5 4WD. My husband set off the panic…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 4Runner SR5 4WD. My husband set off the panic on the alarm this afternoon and now when I click the Lock button on the remote it locks but no longer chirps. It still chirps like normal when unlocking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The issue is that there is no chirp when I click Lock on my remote. It is locking .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried all the tricks I know to reset the alarm and what I already know about setting the volume of the chirp. I'm looking for any instructions relating to the turning the chirping on or off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
11/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

No. It seems pretty straight forward...the truck is no longer chirping when I press the Lock button on the remote but the doors are locking. When I press Unlock it is unlocking and doing a double chirp like normal. I am looking for instructions on how to make it chirp again when I press Lock.

Does it say Toyota on the back of your key fob or another brand?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris