Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2004 Toyota Sequoia keeps locking as though having some…

Customer Question
My 2004 Toyota Sequoia keeps...
My 2004 Toyota Sequoia keeps locking as though having some sort of car seizure. Like I’m continually hitting the lock button. My key won’t let me inside. I don’t know how to stop it or what to do. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

How old is the battery and have you had it load tested lately?

The battery is Maybe 2 weeks old.

thanx for that info, So what is happening is when you either use the key or fob to unlock the doors they immediately lock themselves ? Is this correct?

Neither the key or fob do anything. The key will not turn at all. The car is locking self like a woodpecker

I get the picture now. Have you tried holding the fob lock button for 5 seconds then release ?

I’ll try that now.

ok

No go.

Ok if you can be so patient as to wait till tomorrow so I can check pour shop manuals on this issue Or would you wish me to pass it on ?

I am at work with no way home. Im sorry. I don’t think it can wait.

I understand so I will pass you on and hope someone can help you faster, good luck.

I see no one has helped you yet. Well this system is controlled by the body ECM which rarely goes bad ,it usually is the inputs that bugger up. so you relay have your hands tied to do much other then a few symple things. First puy your key into each door and try to unlock and lock it starting with the driver's door , do it to all of them, then also do it to the back door and even try to put the rear window down and up. Let me know what happens.

At this point, I’m waiting for the stupid battery to die. Hopefully, once I’ve jumped it, it will forget that it has issues.

LOL wishful thinking, but if that don't work with the key thing then your next step is checking each door lock switch for continuity including the tailgate. Have you tried the key in all the doors yet/