Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It won't start for a while then I open door go inside again…

Customer Question
It won't start for...

It won't start for a while then I open door go inside again then it starts,may I know why

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not really

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

I just got it last week it's a 2012 toyota prius c I haven't had time to give a good check up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just did it twice but I kinda freak out cause I'm on the road, no I'm not fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No its fine that's all the questions I have

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/25/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

The 12 volt auxiliary battery may be getting weak, it's located in the trunk, have it checked and replace it if the voltage is below 12 volts.

Ok I'll do that thanks I hope that is what's causing the problem

Kind of common on the batteries when they get to about 5 years of use.