Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My alarm is going off and I don't know how to reset it. The…

Customer Question
My alarm is going...

My alarm is going off and I don't know how to reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes. The alarm is off but there is a blue light by the rear view mirror and a red light with a picture of a key flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

I can't start the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Key twice to the right twice to the left

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Help!! Please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
11/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you tried one of these ; holding the fob in lock position for 5 seconds then open , is your vehicle have a smart key or standard insert type?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician