Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011 camry wont load a cd. All other features work

Customer Question
My 2011 camry wont...

My 2011 camry wont load a cd

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

All other features work including radio and aux but the cd player just says loading but wont load

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. well i tried to force it in but the symptoms just continued and as a bonus the cd was then stuck inside too

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. thanx

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

You can try doing a vehicle reset by removing the battery cables touching then together for 1 min waiting 15 more and reinstalling cables but I fear the head unit cd capabilities are broken and it will need to be replaced

Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

hows the reset coming?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician