Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 prius stalled. will start but stop after a few seconds.

Customer Question
2010 prius stalled. will...

2010 prius stalled. will start but stop after a few seconds. "check hybrid battery" indicator lights up. I used obd2 scanner and returned error codes P3190 & P3191. The HV Battery charge is 1 bar left. I tested the aux battery and registered 12.63Volts. Learned from Priuschat low battery voltage could make that happen. I don't want to bring it to the dealer as I'm almost sure they're gonna get it fixed to cost me a lot. Don't have the money to bring it in. I'm kinda DIY and NEED my car to work. I've driven 226000miles on it. Replaced the spark plugs myself. Maintains everything by myself for preventive maintenance. Until last night. I drive average 245 miles /day. Please help. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Just did P3190 & P3191

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Read my initial message. thnx

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

H​ere is a copy of a service bulletin from Toyota, it seems that the ECM needs to be reprogrammed, obviously you are out of the warranty period so they will charge some labor to do this, please read it carefully and check the VIN and other information before taking it in to the dealer, good luck

MIL "ON" DTC P3190, P3191 and/or P0A0F - Fixed-Ops