Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 2003 corolla engine I swapped with a 2006 but i can…

Customer Question
I have 2003 corolla...

I have 2003 corolla engine blown I swapped with a 2006 but i can make that one turn on i got the computer from the donor and i got 12v to coils but no spark and no voltage on fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original but i got the fuel pump out texted and is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.change computer checked for ground relay fuses etc

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 5 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

H​ello, thanks for posting, did you use the entire engine as is from the 06 or just the long block? Did you have to swap any sensors/components?

Is it setting any diagnostic codes at all?

No

When turning the key to on do all dash lights including the check engine light turn on?

I know there is power to each coil, the computer controls the spark pending inputs from the crank angle sensor, cam angle, engine rpm and a few others.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician