Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Vsc light check engine light came on. Blink. 06 Lexus GS…

Customer Question
Vsc light check engine...

Vsc light check engine light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Blink

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

06 Lexus GS 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just discovered it. My wife did not put gas cap back on correctly from 2days ago. Corrected that but light still on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is sluggish now as well

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: carguy1, auto technician replied 5 months ago
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Hello

The loose fuel cap will cause the check engine light to come on, but it won't cause it to blink. It also will take some time for the light to go off on it's own, but it can also cause the VSC light to appear.

The thing is, if the light is flashing or blinking, that usually is caused by a misfire. The misfire is the result of a bad ignition coil or spark plug most of the time. This is not brought on by the loose gas cap.

Normally if you have the codes read it will point to a specific cylinder and replacing the ignition coil will resolve the issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

carguy1
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician