Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My A/T temp light came on and now my 2011 tundra won’t

Customer Question
My A/T temp light...

My A/T temp light came on and now my 2011 tundra won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

A/T oil temp check engine and 4 LO is blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve disconnected the negative terminal for 5 minutes to try and erase the memory but there has been no change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was in bumper to bumper traffic a lot today however the outside temp is in the mid forties

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Can you have your vehicle scanned for codes with a shop scanner this will be necessary as there are hard codes in the ECU . This is why you cannot erase them. A hard code is a major code that needs to be repaired in order to eliminate it, also depending on it's severity it can trigger the ECU to prevent the engine from running in order to prevent further damage .

Once you have a code we can proceed.

No I haven’t apparently there’s no way to check the trans fluid on a 2011 5.7 Tundra. There no dip stick
The trans temp gauge showed normal. I was able to drive it home. It won’t idle now. I’m going to have it towed to my dealer
Thanks

I know there is no dipstick for a quick check but you can crack the inspection plug on the bottom of the trans pan to get enough on a Kleenex to check it's color and if it smells burnt. The only other way you can have the rest checked is by a shop scanner, it can check the temperature, as well that is the proper way to fill it by doing it at a certain temp and fill till runs out a special tool inserted in that drain hole.

Just a question , did you have the trans fluid checked or changed recently?

Ok thanks, ***** ***** stuck on the side of the road a few hours ago. I’m home now. I plan to have it towed to my dealer tomorrow

keep me informed of what they find and or tell you

Ok will do thanks

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician