Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS has a sticky accelerator in the

Hi. I'm Timothy....
Hi. I'm Timothy. My 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS has a sticky accelerator in the idle mode while trying to take off. ie give it gas. sometimes the accelerator is so sticky that I have to hit it with my right foot to get the RPM's to increase enough to take off. This is somewhat intermittant but but is there to one degree or another 90% of the time. It has gotten worse over time. It also happens after to shifting gears which creates a jerky ride.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts good all the time. does same gas mileage as ever.
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Always go to a toyota dealer. Tried a good mechanic who thot he could work with something called a throttle body although no replacement parts.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it. Could this be mechanical, like sticky accelerator?
11/22/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Your model should have a cable driven throttle body. So that means you need to clean the throttle body blade and bore. Then if it continues you need to replace the throttle cable from the accelerator pedal to the throttle body.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hey Chris (I like Moose), thanks for your quick response. It feels like its mechanical, not digital or computerized. We'll give it a try. Take care. Tim

Keep in touch as needed

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician