Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 tundra limited. Someone tried to adjust the mirror

Customer Question
2008 tundra limited. Someone...

2008 tundra limited. Someone tried to adjust the mirror manually and now the mirror/glass is no longer operating on power mode--just wiggles and is not connected to the gimble. Any advice on how hard this will be to fix? Thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am going to have to take it in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

They will need to check the back of the glass and the gimble/motor to see if there is any damage to either.If damage is found to one or the other then the component damaged will need replaced.In some cases it may just have popped loose from the motor/gimble and needs re attached and may run around an hours labor to do this.But if a component is broken from adjusting manually then that component would need replaced.Usually the glass can be obtained separate from the mirror and can run around $70 to $100.If the gimble/motor is faulty in some cases the entire mirror needs replaced and this can run around $200 in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete